With Covid-19 facilitating the widespread adoption of remote working practices, some emerging markets are seeking to attract digital nomads through a series of incentives and special visas.
– Efforts to address structural vulnerabilities to the economic and health effects of Covid-19
– Significant private sector stimulus complemented the public response
– Despite severe economic fallout, a number of countries recorded positive growth
– Implementation of AfCFTA to support greater regional trade in the future
– Economies in the region were hit by reduced trade volumes and lower oil prices
– Governments launched extensive stimulus packages to stabilise their economies
– Short-term recovery will be tied to oil prices and the resumption of travel
– The pandemic looks set to accelerate economic diversification efforts
Articles & Analysis | Bárbara Apráiz de Encío, Executive Director, Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines: Interview from The Report: Philippines 2021
In what ways have personal interactions and networking changed in the business community during the Covid-19 pandemic?
Articles & Analysis | Tips and information for travellers to the Philippines from The Report: Philippines 2021
HEALTH: The government declared different levels of lockdowns and social distancing measures to mitigate the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. As in many countries, the strictness of the measures varies according to the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases at the time. Entry may also be restricted depending on the purpose of the trip. As...