By 2050, over 70% of the world population will be living in cities covering less than 2% of the earth’s surface. Never had city been so challenged and the trend continues to grow. And, this rise to many issues like rising inequality, environmental pollution, infrastructure access, traffic congestion, mobility, safety and health of residents are only a few examples.
Cities of the future should be hyper connectives, technologically equipped and smart; to improve the life of its residents. The development and combination of new technologies such as the internet of things, big data and artificial intelligence offer a multi and fast solution to transform cities to promote economic development, improve infrastructure and environment, enhance public services, engage with citizens and optimize costs of managing public assets.
Smart City utilises technologies and connected data sensors to enhance and become powerful in terms of infrastructure and city operations. This includes monitoring and managing of public assets, transportation systems, citizens, power plants, water supplies, information systems, civil bodies, and other community services. As per the new study from navigant research, the global market for smart city services is expected to reach $225.5 billion within the next decade.
The hosting of the second edition of Cities 4.0 in Kuala Lumpur is to provide an interactive platform for governments, municipalities, urban planners, developers, urban futurists, solution providers and innovators to converge and make positive impact in shaping resilient and sustainable cities.
Key themes of Cities 4.0
- Digital transformation – big Data, IoT, augmented analytics, digital twins, cyber forensic, privacy, blockchain
- Smart governance – e-government, data transparency, public safety
- Smart economy – cashless city, machine learning, smart space, connected factories
- Smart environment – infrastructure, connectivity, transportation, water and waste, energy
- Smart living – smart home, ride share, autonomous, smart wearables, smart health
- Smart citizen – inclusion, engagement, immerse experience
This will be the best place for city leaders and business innovators to connect and collaborate in planning and implementing successful smart city projects.
Find out more through the official website of Cities 4.0 Conference and Exhibition: https://www.cities4pointzero.com/conference/affiliate/096251